Tuesday, May 6, 2008

#62 Got my printer!


YAY! After almost 2 years of asking the man to research a good multifunction printer, I finally did it myself. I found the Canon Pixma MP970. I found it by reading reviews on CNet.com. The editor's didn't give it a good review, but actual customers did, so I went with the people who use it on a regular basis. After doing lots of cost comparisons, I ordered from Amazon. It doesn't have the fax option, but after careful consideration I realized that I don't use the fax or need it very often. When I do, I have the man do it from work (talk about mis-use of gov't property).

Wouldn't you know it though? I checked Amazon today and it's now $20 less and FREE shipping! Ugh. I paid almost $60 for shipping. Totally sucks. I could have saved $70 if I had waited 2 weeks. Frustrating, but it happens. Oh well, I'm still glad I got it.

This is also the first thing that I can completely scratch off my list. I realize now that I have WAY too many once/twice a month things on my list. That's ok though, I'm going to work on it.

And yes, I realize that I didn't get all my blogs done for April, but to my credit, I didn't realize that it was May until the second day of the month, so I honestly thought I was writing them in April, so I'm counting them. Hey, it's my list and I'll do what I want to!

3 comments:

Becca and Jason said...

Duuuude.... it's about time!

Who I Am said...

I know, right?

Anonymous said...

I love CNet! I use them for every technology purchase I make, and they have yet to let me down. Plus, Canon rocks! I bought Eric one of the portable photo printers from Canon.