Saturday, December 20, 2008

#45 New Cut and Color

I cut my hair for Pantene Beautiful Lengths and went pretty drastic. I lost 8+ inches and went blonde with pink highlights. This was something that was pretty (ok, extremely) hard for me to do. Yeah, I know it's just hair, but I am one who always worries about what other people will think of me.

I first wanted to color my hair pink back in middle school. It only took 15 years, but I finally did it. I was still worried about what others would think, but I needed to do this for ME. And you know what? I LOVE it! It was more than just about the hair for me, it was about not caring so much what other people think about me and doing what I want to do - something that is extremely difficult for me.

I love it and plan to keep it up. I just wish that the pink wouldn't fade so fast. Anyone have any ideas on how to make it stay?

***ETA: I'll consider my PBL donation complete when I finally get it in the mail. I'm such a slacker.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And it looks HOT on you! I hope you keep it up :)

Mary said...

It looks great on you. To keep the color, can you try to wash every other day instead of every day?