Thursday, November 13, 2008

#83 I Found an Old Friend!

I'm so excited! I have been trying to find my friend TM (I now know she is TF) for about 5-6 years. The past few weeks I've really felt like I just HAD to find her. So, I pay some online sites for her information and none of them were current. I finally found her parents phone number (yes, I did try that first, but could never get them and they didn't have an answering machine). So, tonight I called the number for about the 5th time this week and I'm SHOCKED when the phone is picked up.

"Is this B_____ M____?"
"Yes...."
"Hi, This is _____ ______, I went to high school with T and would really like to get in contact with her."
"Who did you say this was?"
"_____ _____"
"Oh, I remember that name. Here is her phone number. [insert number] I'd wait to call until the weekend since she is usually asleep around 8:30."
"Thank you SO much. I'll wait until the weekend to contact her then. How is she doing?"

We continue to talk for a few minutes and she remembers who I am...I think, then I get off the phone. She reminds me to wait until the weekend and I reassure her I will wait.

I get off the phone, look at her number and say, "I can't wait any longer! I've waiting 6 years and I'm not waiting any more." So I called and we talked for an hour. We are planning to see one another this summer when we go visit my IL's. We will meet half way since she is in the next state.

I'm so excited. It was wonderful talking to her. She has 2 sons and a husband and is still in the military. She is working on her bachelors degree and hopes to apply for OCS. I really hope we stay in contact now. It made me heart so happy to talk to her.

She was amazed at the lengths I went to in order to find her and was SO happy I did. I am too. I don't talk to people from my past very often. In all honesty, I have really kept up with anyone from my PH days (pre-hubby). Sad, really. I honestly think it's because I never let anyone get that close after a while. I held a lot of people back at arms length.

Anyway...I'm so happy that she was the first person I found. It did me a world of good to know she is well and is accomplishing so much with her life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Finding old friends is the best.