Tuesday, April 15, 2008

#18 - 101 New Dishes 1/101


I made homemade Macaroni and Cheese with Grilled chicken for the first time EVER! I was so excited and it was delish! Ok, so I have made plenty of grilled chicken (and ok, so sue me, dh did the grilling, but I seasoned it). The mac n' cheese is the exciting part anyway. I am SO going to make this again! I can't seem to find the recipe I used right now, but as soon as I find it (it's on a tiny notepad sheet my friend gave me) I'll post it.

The recipe was originally made for me by my friend Tina. She brought it over for us after my son came home and my husband and I both loved it. She used steamed chicken, I grilled it. When I post the recipe, I'll also list my other changes. I need to find it, I want this again soon!

FOUND IT! Added recipe 4/24

Kodiak Mac (and cheese....lots of cheese)

8 oz Macaroni
3T butter
3T AP Flour
Salt
Pepper
2 c. Milk
2 c. shredded cheese

Cook macaroni. Meanwhile, melt butter, add flour, salt and pepper. Add milk, stir until warm, then add cheese and stir until melted. Add the cooked macaroni, bake until top is crispy (We did it at 350 for 10 minutes). Can be refrigerated for future use (I imagine it can be frozen too).

Hints from Tina:
Use pre-shredded Mexican and Italian mixes. Add velveta for texture. Top with Italian bread crumbs, shredded parmesan and paprika.

Ok, we pretty much followed the recipe, but used 2.5 cups of cheese (hey, we like cheese). We combined Mexican and Mozzarella. For the topping, we used It. bread crumbs, parm, paprika and cumin.

2 comments:

Amber said...

There's nothing like making Mac and Cheese from scratch! Looks great! Mmmm! Paprika!

Anonymous said...

Yummmmm!